Hello dear all friends!
Today I am sharing recipe of how to make aloo paratha. Paratha is potatoes with carrot combination which is delicious shallow fried Indian stuffed bread enjoyed by all. It is very easy to make. We can serve hot paratha any time as breakfast, lunch, snacks or dinner. I made this paratha few years ago with a friend in the office. Actually we both competed in making just for fun. That day she won. Her name is Claire Roman. After that, paratha is a regular in our office lunch.
Ingredients for filing mixture dough:
- Wheat flour 5oo gm
- Water as required for dough
- Boiled potatoes 4 pieces
- Butter 200 gm
- Carrot boiled 2 pieces
- Whole piece 1 onion
- 4 pieces crush garlic
- Bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- Fresh green chilly 2 pieces
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tbs
- Coriander powder 1/ 2 tbs
- Salt to taste
- Red chilly powder 1/2 tbs
- First start to prepare dough by mixing and kneading water, flour, pinch of salt and oil.
2. Add few chopped coriander leaves in a small bowl gradually while kneading.
5. Now we prepare aloo paratha stuffing. Take the boiled potatoes and boiled carrot in a bowl and mash them until no chunks is left . For mashing, I generally use a grater which is the easiest method I think.
8. Take equal parts dough and stuffing and give both of them a shape of ball. Now put the stuffing on top of the dough ball and press a little to flatten like roti. Wrap the outer dough ball around the stuffing and seal the edges. Now give this covered stuffing a round shape again. Take 1/2 cup dry wheat flour in a small bowl for dusting so that the balls do not stick with each other while you keep them aside.
9. Take one finished ball from step 8. Gently press stuffed ball on rolling board and dust some dry flour over it to prevent it from sticking. Roll into circle of 6-7 inch diameter ( like roti chapati). Do not make very thin by pressing it too much. Do this for all the dough balls.
10. Place these flattened paratha on a hot pan and cook over medium flames. When tiny bubbles starts to rise on the surface flip it and reduce flame to low. Spread butter around it’s edge with the help of spatula and cook for approx 30- 40 seconds. Flip again and if you prefer, add butter to the edges for this side as well. The paratha gets cooked in 2 minutes max in low flame.
11. Now the parathas are ready. Serve hot aloo paratha with any kind of sauce. Generally I serve with mixed beans curry soup in my office.