Today I am sharing the recipe for aloo tama or potato with bamboo shoot curry. It is very famous and popular in Nepal. I have two methods to cook the bamboo shoots. Today I am showing you the easy process. The final curry is a little sour and really yummy. One of my friend requested me to write this recipe. So, here we go!
- Black eyed beans (Soaked overnight )1/2 kg
- Boiled potato 1kg
- Bamboo sho0t (tama) 500gm
- Onion chopped 30gm
- Tomato chopped 500gm(about 8-10 pieces)
- Ginger Garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Oil 50ml
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tbsp
- Water as required
- Green coriander chopped for garnish
- Soak the black eyed beans in water one day or over night.
2. Boil the potatoes and peel nicely. Dice them and set aside.
3. Chop coriander and set aside.
4. Now heat oil in a presser cooker or saucepan. When oil starts to smoke, add chopped onions and fry until it becomes golden brown in color. Continue reading