Today I am sharing the best masala tea recipe or the best spiced up Nepali tea. I am feeling very funny to write this recipe. I always thought that everyone can make tea. My sister told me to write tea recipe 1 year ago but I didn’t believe her. I said, “who doesn’t know how to make tea?”. But this time I am writing this recipe for my friend Julia who loves masala tea so much but says that she doesn’t know proper way to make it.
Ingredient for 5 large cups
- Milk 1 liter (whole milk preferred)
- Water 3 cups (about 500ml)
- Green cardamom 10 pieces
- Cloves 8 pieces
- Bay leafs 5
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon regular tea leaves (not green leaves but those specifically for milk tea)
Here are some photos of the sugar and tea leaves that I use daily.Pour the milk in a pot and add water. If you don’t know how much milk and water to add, pour half cup water for every cup of milk that you add. Place the pot into the stove.
Nepali milk packet(whole milk) poured onto a cup. For every full cup milk, add half a cup of water.
Hello dear all friends!
Today I am sharing a new recipe on how to make home made almond milk! It is easy to make and very good to taste too. A while back, a friend of mine showed me how to make soy milk for the first time. Then I tried with some nuts almond and Nepali unroasted peanuts. I liked this almond milk more than soy and peanut. It tastes awesome and is very creamy in texture. If you are making milk with peanut and soybean, choose good organic quality. These milk can be used as regular cow and buffalo milk. You can even make tea and coffee. I think it’s good for many people with lactose intolerance or sinus problem more than regular milk. Generally, we do not use such milk at home but this same recipe I am putting out can be followed to make soy and peanuts milk.
- 1 cup raw almond preferably organic
- 3 cups water plus more for soaking
- Sweetener as you like, honey, sugar etc . I am not using any sweetener here.
- Bowl any type to soak the almond
- Measuring cups
- Soup pan for boiling
- Place the almonds in a bowl and pour water until there’s at least an inch of water above them. The almonds will become fuller as they absorb water. Soak overnight or for 7-8 hours. To begin, drain the water from the soaked almonds.
overnight soaked almonds