Today I am sharing a recipe of how to make donuts at home. It is very easy to make. I made these donuts during lockdown when I had enough time to make different types of food. I used to cook new dishes every day as I could easily purchase ingredients in the grocery nearby my home. When I posted doughnut photo on my Facebook story, a friend of mine requested me to write its recipe that’s why I am sharing this recipe here. The waiting time for doughnut is about 6 hours so if you want to have it as afternoon snacks, you have to follow the dough preparation step in the morning.
- white flour (maida) 1 kg
- Eggs 3 whole
- Warm milk 1 cup
- Dry yeast 1 tablespoon
- Butter 4 tablespoon
Step 1 : First take a bowl. Add the warm milk and butter.
Step 2 : Add dry yeast and sugar.
Step 3 : Add eggs. Mix properly and cover the bowl.
Step 4 : Let it sit for 15 minutes until froth or bubbles begin to form.
Today I am sharing the recipe for aloo tama or potato with bamboo shoot curry. It is very famous and popular in Nepal. I have two methods to cook the bamboo shoots. Today I am showing you the easy process. The final curry is a little sour and really yummy. One of my friend requested me to write this recipe. So, here we go!
Organic mixed beans from Khotang village
- Black eyed beans (Soaked overnight )1/2 kg
- Boiled potato 1kg
- Bamboo sho0t (tama) 500gm
- Onion chopped 30gm
- Tomato chopped 500gm(about 8-10 pieces)
- Ginger Garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Oil 50ml
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala 1/2 tbsp
- Water as required
- Green coriander chopped for garnish
- Soak the black eyed beans in water one day or over night.
Black eyed beans soaked overnight
2. Boil the potatoes and peel nicely. Dice them and set aside.
3. Chop coriander and set aside.
4. Now heat oil in a presser cooker or saucepan. When oil starts to smoke, add chopped onions and fry until it becomes golden brown in color. Continue reading