Hello dear all friends!
Today I am sharing a new recipe on how to make home made almond milk! It is easy to make and very good to taste too. A while back, a friend of mine showed me how to make soy milk for the first time. Then I tried with some nuts almond and Nepali unroasted peanuts. I liked this almond milk more than soy and peanut. It tastes awesome and is very creamy in texture. If you are making milk with peanut and soybean, choose good organic quality. These milk can be used as regular cow and buffalo milk. You can even make tea and coffee. I think it’s good for many people with lactose intolerance or sinus problem more than regular milk. Generally, we do not use such milk at home but this same recipe I am putting out can be followed to make soy and peanuts milk.
- 1 cup raw almond preferably organic
- 3 cups water plus more for soaking
- Sweetener as you like, honey, sugar etc . I am not using any sweetener here.
- Bowl any type to soak the almond
- Measuring cups
- Soup pan for boiling
- Place the almonds in a bowl and pour water until there’s at least an inch of water above them. The almonds will become fuller as they absorb water. Soak overnight or for 7-8 hours. To begin, drain the water from the soaked almonds.
- Peel and remove the outer skin of almond one by one.
- Place the almonds in the blender and cover with 3 cups of water and blend in maximum speed for 3 minutes.
- After the mixture becomes fine paste, strain into a soup pan.
- Turn on the gas stove in median heat, put the soup pan and let it boil for 3 to 5 minutes, like regular milk packet.
- Now, the good and healthy almond milk is ready to be served. If you prefer, put in some sweeteners. You can also make tea out of this milk. Almond milk can be stored in fridge for upto two days in sealed containers.Just how easy it is. Try making it yourself at home.