Hello all friends!
Today I am sharing recipe of how to make aloo puri (potato fried roti) with cheese. Although while making aloo puri, its not always necessary to use cheese. I like cheese so much that is why I created this recipe. If you are thinking what to make for khaja (snacks) any time, you can follow this which is very simple. I tried this recipe first in my office when I had to come up with a new dish. It tastes very yummy and is crunchy and mouth watering. I am also using New Zealand spinach in this recipe which I love love. I think we cannot find this easily in Kathmandu. I had planted this spinach at my office rooftop garden. For anyone interested, we can find New Zealand spinach seeds in flower nursery. Here are some photos of my rooftop garden.
So, let’s start.
For: 8 person
Time: 1 hour
- White flour 1kg and 1 cup extra
- New Zealand spinach 1 large bowl (use any other spinach if you don’t have this)
- Boiled potatoes 500gm
- Fresh chopped coriander leaf 1 medium bowl
- Mozzarella grated cheese 200 gm
- Red onion chopped 1 medium bowl
- Salt to taste
- Water 1 cup
- Oil as required for deep fry
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tbs
- Boil potatoes and peel skin. Mash them completely till they become soft.
- Wash New Zealand spinach properly and chop roughly. Use leaf portion only. Do the same for coriander leaves.
- Peel onions skin and chop into small pieces.
- Grate the Mozzarella cheese into long thin slices.
- Add flour in separate large bowl and mix all the ingredients with it thoroughly.
- Add around a cup of water and knead to make medium hard dough (neither very dry nor very mushy or lumpy). The consistency can be just like chapati dough. Oil coating will prevent the dough from being sticky so use about 2 tablespoons of oil and coat all around the finished dough.
- Now divide the dough into small round balls. It should be neither too thin nor too thick. If the dough starts to stick, sprinkle some flour. Now, roll these one by one in a flat surface. We have our raw puri or roti. Again sprinkle the extra flour if they stick in the floor or with the roller pin.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. After the oil gets heated and starts smoking, add the roti and place for 2 minutes. Flip both sides in medium heat flame. Remove from heat after light brown color.
- That’s all! Now we have our tasty potato puri with mozzarella cheese and New Zealand spinach. Serve hot hot aloo puri.
- You can serve this aloo puri with avocado sauce. Choose 2 pieces of nicely riped avocado and remove the skin and seeds. Add some fresh spring onion, fresh mint left, salt and green chilies. Grind all together until fine paste. This avocado sauce color looks nice green and has amazing flavors.
Enjoy crunchy delicious aloo puri with avocado sauce. 🙂